Christmas concert Dec. 22
The 30th Annual Anne McKee's Christmas Concert will be held at 7 p.m. Sunday at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 401 Duval St.
It will feature a candlelight procession of more than 50 Key West performers.
Proceeds will support the St. Paul's Toward Relief of Urgent Emergencies (TRUE) fund, and the church's spectacular pipe organ, which will be featured by Joe Lowe.
Tickets are $20 and on sale at Red Barn Theatre, 319 Duval St., at MacArthur Music, 906 Kennedy Drive, and at St. Paul's the day of the event.
Heed holiday shopping safety tips
The Key West Police Department warns shoppers to beware of crime during the holiday season, offering the following tips:
• Stay alert and aware of what is going on around you.
• Deter pickpockets by carrying your purse close to your body or your wallet inside a coat or front trouser pocket.
• Tell a security guard or store employee if you see an unattended bag or package. The same applies when taking the bus: Report any unattended packages to security or staff.
• Always leave yourself extra time. By giving yourself a cushion, it will be easier to remember these basic shopping safety tips.
• If you see anything suspicious, call 911.
For more information, visit www.keywestcity.com.
BIG PINE KEY
Musical Christmas Eve offered
Lord of the Seas Lutheran Church, 1250 Key Deer Blvd., will host a music-filled Christmas Eve service, in which readings from the Gospel will alternate with favorite holiday hymns. The public is invited.
The choir will sing "On This Christmas Night," and Deacon Wayne Hulting, conductor of the Christmas and Easter cantatas, will play a piano solo. Susan Rineer and Holly Rivet will play a flute and piano duet. The congregation will sing "Silent Night" by candlelight.
Lord of the Seas is 1 mile from the stoplight on Big Pine, just up from the softball field. It's the tallest church on the island.
For more information, visit Facebook, www.lordoftheseas.webs.com, or call 305-872-3612.