50 Years ago in the florida keys...
• Appelrouth's Shoes, William H Appelrouth and Isadore L. Weintraub owners, was located at 604 Duval St.
• The new officers of the Key West Ministerial Association were: President Wallace Rivers, pastor Fifth Street Baptist Church; Secretary H.J. Gilanks, pastor Grace Luthern Church and Vice President Glenwood Cronin, pastor of Trinity Presbyterian Church.
• Two boats carrying 30 Cuban refugees had landed in Marathon over the weekend.
• Robert J. Lewis of Key West had not given up his 30-year court battle over 1,000 acres of land in downtown Miami.
• The first wife of the late Joe Sirugo filed suit charging that he had fraudulently divorced her in 1943 as he was not a legal resident of Florida when he filed for the divorce.
• Billiard champion Willie Mosconi gave a demonstration at the Cue Time Billard Studio at 3120 Flagler Ave.