50 YEARS AGO:
• Southern Enterprises Inc., Glynn R. Archer general manager, was at 930 Catherine St.
• City Finance Director John Day, a main stay in Key West operations for the past 10 years, applied for disability retirement.
• The Monroe County Advertising Commission voted not to renew its advertising contract and to award it to E.B. Schaefer and Associates of Miami.
• John Collie, the former manager of Fausto's Food Palace, was wanted over a missing $3,200. He turned himself into the sheriff's office.
• Army First Sgt. Adolfo Barcelo was awarded the Good Conduct Medal for the fifth time. He attended Key West High School and entered the Army in 1947.