RELAY FOR LIFE events
Relay For Life raises money for the American Cancer Society. The final event is scheduled for April 12 and 13 at Higgs Beach in Key West.
Sales of luminaria raise money and earn "team points." They are paper bags with sand in the bottom that holds a candle to be lit at a special ceremony. Bags may be decorated with names and designs. For more information, contact Karen DeMaria at 305-393-9216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
will be honored
A list of cancer survivors and caregivers is being compiled to treat them to a dinner and schedule them for the "victory lap" that opens the Relay For Life ceremony in April. Call 305-849-1985.
All teams invited
All invited to team parties at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 23, Feb. 5, March 5, and April 2 at the Gato Building, 1100 Simonton St., Key West.
KW United Methodist Church
600 Eaton St.
• Jan. 23 -- A chicken dinner with dessert and a beverage will be offered for $10 at 6 p.m. at the church. Reservations required. Call 305-294-3305 or 305-292-2159.
• Feb. 9 -- Pancake breakfast and yard sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Keys for a CUre
Keys Federal Credit Union
3022 N. Roosevelt Blvd.
• Jan. 26 -- Yard sale 8 to 11 a.m. Jan. 26 at Keys Federal Credit Union Key Plaza branch, 3022 N. Roosevelt Blvd.
• Feb. 23 -- Car wash, 9 to 11 a.m., at credit union.
Team Hot Stuff
• Feb. 1 -- Tailgate party at noon Feb. 1 at the Gato Building, for $10, offers hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, a drink and chance to win 42-inch flat-screen TV.
Email the time, day, date and location of team events to email@example.com.