RELAY FOR LIFE events
Relay For Life raises money for the American Cancer Society. The final event is scheduled for April 12 and 13 at Higgs Beach in Key West.
Sales of luminaria raise money and earn "team points." They are paper bags with sand in the bottom that holds a candle to be lit at a special ceremony. Bags may be decorated with names and designs. For more information, contact Karen DeMaria at 305-393-9216 or email@example.com.
Survivors, caregivers will be honored
A list of cancer survivors and caregivers is being compiled to treat them to a dinner and schedule them for the "victory lap" that opens the Relay For Life ceremony in April. Call 305-849-1985.
All teams invited
All invited to team parties at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 5, March 5, and April 2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for locations.
Committee chair meeting, 5:30 p.m. Feb. 21, Gato Building, 1100 Simonton St., Key West
KW United Methodist Church
600 Eaton St.
• Feb. 9 -- Pancake breakfast and yard sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Drop off donated items for yard sale 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays at Jones Hall.
Keys for a CUre
Keys Federal Credit Union
3022 N. Roosevelt Blvd.
• Feb. 23 -- Car wash, 9 to 11 a.m., at credit union.
• March 16 -- Car wash, 9 to 11 a.m., at credit union.
Team Hot Stuff
• Feb. 1 -- Tailgate party, noon Feb. 1, Gato Building, 1100 Simonton St., $10, hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, a drink and chance to win 42-inch flat-screen TV.
• March 2 -- Disco party, 7:30 to 11:30 p.m., Mangoes, 700 Duval St. appetizers, music, dancing, door prizes, raffles, silent auction. For tickets, reservations, call Wendy at 305-394-7616 or Maribel at 305-360-1930.
Rocking Away Cancer
• Feb. 16 -- chicken wing and chili cookoff, 200 block of Duval Street; more information to come.
Email the time, day, date and location of team events to Relay For Life publicity Chairman Chris Tittel at email@example.com.