July 11, 2018

ISLAMORADA — Wahoo’s Bar and Grill, after contesting a $27,716 fine imposed by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration following the electrocution of 54-year-old Roger Dinneen on July 22, 2017, has agreed to pay $16,818.

According to OSHA, Dinneen was electrocuted while standing on a metal-framed ladder and holding a multi-purpose tool while changing a fluorescent light bulb and testing electric wires.

Dinneen was an employee of Wahoo’s. 

The restaurant will pay $1,402 monthly until April 2019.